On the last day of 2015, I’d like to reflect on the last 12 months and some of the highlights…
- Reunion with the Teaching Drum to bring the journey full circle
- Distance from social media
- Amazing leaps in carpentry knowledge in the restoration of old buildings and general handyman confidence through trial and error
- Resisted the temptation to cut my hair
- Guardian training
- An honest attempt at working two part-time jobs, unsuccessfully.
- Developed and delivered a handful of presentations on The Fox Trails for local libraries.
- Attended the community building workshop in Chicago -Insightful
- A successful season of harvest: Leeks, Suckers, Wild Rice, Black Walnuts, Cisco fishing -Bountiful
- Completed the first 8-day Wilderness Canoe Immersion -Intense
- Wrote half a book and scrapped it. Started again with a fresh perspective -Humbling
- Read approximately 80 books with a focus on nature and mythology -Inspiring
- Made a music video with the family band -Fun
- Successfully dismantled and removed an entire car from the swamp behind the school. It’s been back there since the early 60’s.
- Learned more about what I do and don’t want in romantic relationships -Exciting
- Huge improvements in guitar knowledge and I picked up the harmonica
It’s been another wonderful year of growth. I’m living a very unorthodox lifestyle but I love what I’m learning and I’m happy with where I am and excited about where I’m going. Balance seems to be the theme that keeps showing itself to me and I’ll be looking at that with the coming months.
Happy New Year!